Looking for a quick and delicious dinner or lunch idea? This one is great if you eating low carb and high protein! I’m all about Healthy but Simple cooking 😉 Give it a try!
– 150gr lean turkey mince
– 1 egg
– 3 spoons of cooked quinoa
– 2 fresh garlic cloves (chopped)
– ½ onion (chopped)
– a handful of fresh coriander (chopped)
– 2 big iceberg lettuce leaves
– 2 spoons of honey mustard sauce (natural organic, favourite brand: Tons)
– fresh vegetables of choice for the topping (cucumber, radish, paprika, tomato)
– salt and pepper
In a big bowl add the turkey mince, with the quinoa, egg, garlic, onion, half of the coriander, salt and pepper; mix it all together and make small meatballs. Preheat the grill-oven to 200 C (grill stand), put a piece of baking paper on the baking tray and put the balls on top to grill them for 15 to 20 minutes.
Spread the honey mustard sauce on the lettuce leaves, put the turkey quinoa balls on top of them and top with the fresh vegetables and the rest of the coriander. Enjoy!
If you don’t have a grill-oven, you can cook the turkey balls in the non-stick baking pan with just a little olive oil; a few minutes on each side, or alternatively grill them in the regular grill pan.